This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Additional workouts

Started by Peter Kerson, June 15, 2017 · 3 Replies · 129 Views

Peter Kerson

Hi, I'm new here and still trying to figure out how to use Foundation One.

For serious/professional athletes, are you using this as your primary/only workout, or more as accessory work? I'm finding that if I do two parts at once, it makes a good warmup but then I feel like I should still be lifting/running.

Right now I'm doing something like this:

Mon: core/upper

Wed: core/lower

Fri: core/upper/lower

with 30 minutes of yoga on Tues and Thurs.

I'm not feeling particularly worn out from this workout schedule so I'm looking for other folks who have been at a similar place and can speak to their training. Are you seeing gains to strength with JUST F1, or are you finding that you also have to keep up your olympic lifting and/or cardio routines to maintain performance?

Alessandro Mainente

HI Peter, welcome to GB. We generally suggest following the schedule suggested on the course for Foundations. At the end of the workout if you have more energy feel free to add something more.

What you want to add depends on your goal, if you want to hold your performance on some movement or cardio it is up to you.

Peter Kerson
8 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Peter, welcome to GB. We generally suggest following the schedule suggested on the course for Foundations. At the end of the workout if you have more energy feel free to add something more.

What you want to add depends on your goal, if you want to hold your performance on some movement or cardio it is up to you.

Thanks Alessandro. I think I AM following the recommendation on Foundations, but I guess I'm not sure. There are a bunch of buttons on my screen for programs that I don't own, so that's a little confusing. So far though, what I'm doing certainly isn't wearing me out.

As far as "hold your performance on some movement" what does that mean?

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

I was meaning maintain!