This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front Split/Hurdler Series Form

Started by Søkier Kegren, June 15, 2017 · 4 Replies · 108 Views

Søkier Kegren

I'm pretty inflexible, and want to see if others experienced the same result early in their practice. Consider this a written form check. 

When I do any one of the Hurdler stretches, but particularly Narrow Hurdler, I am completely off balance. If my left leg is extended, only my left buttock touches the floor, and if my right leg is extended only my right buttock touches the floor. That means I spend the entire 90 seconds with the opposite hand braced on the floor so I won't fall over, and the other hand grasping a stretchstrap so I can still compress forward. Is this normal for early on? Will both buttocks eventually touch the floor, enabling me to achieve more forward stretch? 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Sokier, you can consider putting something under the left buttock. Generally speaking, your problem it is typical of a tight groin.  do you have the middle split work?

Suzanna McGee

@Søkier Kegren, yup, that was me when I started! I am now on week 42 and I can now sit on both cheeks and touch the chest to the straight leg. Still a slight slight tilt. Just keep doing your best, use a block to sit on. I did one week with a block, one week without, just for variation. And definitely add the Middle spit. That will help a lot. After a few (or more) months, it will all start kicking in in a synergy, and it gets suddenly all much better :)

Søkier Kegren

@Alessandro Mainente Thank you! Yes, I tried that today (sitting on a second stretch block), and it worked. And I do have the Middle Split series, and am doing it in parallel with the Front Split. 

@Suzanna McGee I really appreciate the input and encouragement! It all feels so slow right now, but I love it. Good to know others have experienced what I am. 

Luke Searra

Søkier, as in your previous comments, picture or videos are always welcome.