This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Graham's log

Started by Graham Hayes, April 22, 2008 · 6 Replies · 1,317 Views

Graham Hayes

Hi all, I've been training for a while allthough not exclusively with gymnastics. At the moment my I'm doing 1-2 ring based workouts a week which I will post here, as I'm learning new drills from the dailies. The other workouts are heavy lifting, interval running and CrossFit style circuits, which I won't post as they're not really relevant to the site.

Last week

Bulgarian ring dips 5-5-5

4 Rounds of:

7 Front lever pulls

12 Ring dips

Time: 13ish mins

First round had straight legs and body, which quickly degenerated to a tuck in the second round and onwards.

This Week

30-20-10 Reps of:

Ring dips

Strict pull ups

Time: 19:00

Some mates decided to have a go on the rings while doing this, it was worth the time loss to watch them shaking in the support!

Graham Hayes

4 Round of:

15 Strict pull ups

15 Ring dips

Time: 14:32

The first round was unbroken then slowly trudged through the rest. This is the same volume as the last workout just a different set up. Now I've done 60 reps of each exercise in under 15 minutes, next time I'll be doing 75 reps of each.

Graham Hayes

5 mins muscle ups

5 mins front lever pulls

5 mins bulgarian ring dips

Concentrated on doing the muscle ups with no kip and rings outside shoulders. Also getting the rings fully turned out at the top of the muscle ups and dips.

Graham Hayes

25-20-15-10-5 reps of:

Strict pull ups

Ring dips

Time: 17:10

Started with 17 pull ups. Completed 60 of each a minute faster than the last workout.

Graham Hayes

5 Mins Back levers

15 mins:

5 muscle ups

5 front lever pulls

10 Leg raise to L in support

4 rounds. Had no intention of hard charging through this workout as at 9pm it was still over 30 degrees and very humid! Front lever pulls now quite solid.

Graham Hayes

15 Muscle ups

30 Front lever pulls

15 Muscle ups

Not done for time. Been lazy getting the rings out recently, mostly because I have to train outside and it's often too hot.

Graham Hayes

5 rounds of:

15 pull ups

15 ring dips

Time: 15:07

Happy with that improvement, especially as I've been putting on weight.