This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Narrow Hurdler Stretch Glute Rise

Started by Elijah Hernandez, June 15, 2017 · 12 Replies · 256 Views

Elijah Hernandez

Howdy!

I have been having issues with my right glute coming off the ground and throwing me off balance when I perform the narrow hurdler stretch (I think that's what it's called) with my left leg extended on the block and my right foot tucked back by my butt. This does not happen to me on the other side. Is there some sort of additional stretching that I need to do? I can't even begin to hinge at the hips and bend forward in this position either...

I appreciate any help y'all can give me!

Thanks,

Eli

Luke Searra

Hello Elijah, we will help you with pleasure. Please send us videos of both side of the stretch.

Elijah Hernandez

Great! I'll film it a bit later and upload it for you. I appreciate you reaching out.

Elijah Hernandez

Alright, I snapped two quick pictures this morning of me getting into the stretch. It's hard to see my butt coming off the ground, but you can tell there is a more pronounced curve in my spine when my right leg is back.

 

Thanks again for taking a look.

20170616_053631.jpg

20170616_053658.jpg

Alessandro Mainente

Tight quads mi friend, tight quads, spend some time every days on the FSSSE2 and FSSSE21.

Elijah Hernandez

E2 and E21? Those are just the exercises (in sequence) in the Front Split Series, right?

I had a feeling this was caused by tight quads. Thanks for the help!

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Exactly your limitation on tibialis leads also in fewer quads isolation, for this reason, i've inserted the seiza.

Elijah Hernandez

Deleted due to research.

Adam Johnson

I have the same problem, plus it hurts my knee a little bit to get into this position, although I can put my foot up on a block. Maybe that means I'm REALLY doing it wrong. 

Also, I don't understand the instructions for the solution.

On 6/16/2017 at 5:15 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Tight quads mi friend, tight quads, spend some time every days on the FSSSE2 and FSSSE21.

What are those exercises? I don't know how to look it up. 

On 6/16/2017 at 5:18 AM, Elijah Hernandez said:

E2 and E21? Those are just the exercises (in sequence) in the Front Split Series, right?

I had a feeling this was caused by tight quads. Thanks for the help!

 

 

.... I don't know how to look that up either..

:o

Luke Searra

@Adam Johnson, please go and look them up in your course library. Go to MY COURSES, FITNESS, COURSE LIBRARY.

Luke Searra

Screenshot 2018-05-30 17.48.39.png

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Adam Johnson said:

I have the same problem, plus it hurts my knee a little bit to get into this position, although I can put my foot up on a block. Maybe that means I'm REALLY doing it wrong. 

Also, I don't understand the instructions for the solution.

What are those exercises? I don't know how to look it up. 

.... I don't know how to look that up either..

:o

folow LUke's suggestion, then from the course library that corresponds to what you have already owned you need to select stretch course, then front split, then the second icon to the right and in the new page will appear all the single exercises.

Adam Johnson

Ah! I see!.  

I'm excited to get working on those today. Thank you!