When I'm doing straight arm exercises I have very sore elbows (both sides). I had a lot of lifting at work last month and since then it has gotten worse. They don't appear to be injured just aggravated. I'm working through both the stretching series and foundation 1 but I'm wondering if there's anything else I should be doing or not doing. I have a similar commitment in a few months and I want to be prepared, should I add lifting to my workouts or wait until I'm further through the program?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Sore elbows during stiff bear
Started by Stephanie Hedger, June 15, 2017 · 1 Replies · 53 Views
Hi Stephanie,
Unfortunately, this is a situation where you must begin taking things out of your routine in order to allow your elbows to recover, rather than add more to it. Sore, irritated, and especially painful joints are a sign that your body is not yet ready to handle the demands that have been thrown at it. Now you must take time to rest and remove any exercise that causes those irritations.
Also, I highly recommend consulting with a medical professional about the issue. They should be able to diagnose it and guide you to a faster, safer recovery. If rest and recovery are not implemented now, you risk further irritation and potentially a more serious injury.