This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form checks

Started by Étienne Lajeunesse, June 15, 2017 · 5 Replies · 79 Views

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi!

There are some progressions I have been working on for some time now and wondering if I'm doing them correctly :

HBP PE2  + iM (iM : My left side is a lot harder, am I doing something different from the other side?)

 

sPL PE1 iM : Is it good?

 

SLS PE2 iM : Where do we have to reach for mastery?

FL PE2 : Good form?

MN PE2 : Hard time to compress toward the chest, how is it now?

 

Thanks a lot!

Alessandro Mainente

HBP

PE: at the end of the repetition the spine it is over flexed and this is not requested, this over flexion leads to piking in the hips , if you cannot see a full straight line from shoulder to ankles then there is a pike in the hips.

IM: from the front view when the weight moves on the back it is clearly visible on the side, this means that the twist it is too much. when you are on the back you should not be able to the see weight because it is directly behind the shoulder.

SPL: more internal rotation it is necessary, take your time, the range of motion will improve

SLS: more range of motion it is required, tight adductors are generally the cause.

FL: not bad, try to hold the same angle at the hips.

MN: i like it, nice work

 

 

 

Étienne Lajeunesse

For the SLS iM, does the leg needs to reach parallel for mastery?

And, during FL PE2, I have a little back and forth movement, is it ok?

 

Everett Carroll
2 hours ago, Étienne Lajeunesse said:

For the SLS iM, does the leg needs to reach parallel for mastery?

Yes, that is a great goal for mastery.

2 hours ago, Étienne Lajeunesse said:

And, during FL PE2, I have a little back and forth movement, is it ok?

 

Other than Alex's tip regarding hip angle, all is good. 

Keep working hard Etienne!

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi, @Alessandro Mainente,

Here's the HBP with the corrections you told me to fix.  Am I doing them correctly?

HBP

 

iM 

 

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente

This is a nice application of the tips, nice work.