dubble backs ( and fronts) of rings

Started by avivlugt, February 28, 2010 · 6 Replies · 2,602 Views

avivlugt

Hey, I have some questions about training these. I'm competing in holland so I don't know the english systeme to explain which level I do .I need either a B or C dismount, A dismount i get nothing for the group, B dismount I get 0.3 fr the group and C I get .05 for the group. ( I am senior).

I'll start with rings, cause on high bar my prioroties are first getting giants and a half turn from front giant to back giant, cause I can't get the elemnt I need without them( I need 8, with 7 I get 0.5 deduction).

So, on rings. I am doing now back layout half 'twist' which is a B, I just can't seem to land on the actual competition...:P and I don't have many things I need to practice. We don't have a gymhall with a pit or anything so I would need to practice dubbel back( or front) on mats. A friend on msn told me I'd need to do a stut to support, if I can do it then do layeout or tuck tuck above rings and ladn on feet, go on from there to a biginning stut, let go and land the tuck om my back, then to land on schoulder blades, then dubble to hands an knees and from there practice to land. This all obviously step by step, move on once you can do the it perfectly. Does anyone have any additions or any different progressions for double back on rings?

And does anyone have a progression for double front on rins? I stil have to try out and do a tuck front on rings, haven't done that yet, but in general my fronts are better then backs( I'm practicing fron off PB). And I can dubbel on a trampoline. SO I am use to the feeling, although on rings it is different. But if I would be high enough, this is speculating, would it be safe tu jsut try dubble strait away? Cause I am use to the speed of the rotation forward.

I am happy for anything helpfull :) And I can post what happens next time we train rings( if I can actually do a front tuck off rings:P).

Blairbob

Hmm, if you can do an inlocate on rings with a lot of loft/height (shoulders above rings) that should be a good step in preparing for the double front.

As with anything,

tuck front, pike front, tuck/pike open out front salto, layout front salto. over rotated front layout to stomach.

For big dismounts, you can often set up a harness and pulley system off a ring tower for the bigger dismounts.

Razz

started training double back off rings last training by doign 1½ to land on my back..think the double is coming up next training.

avivlugt

We did rings today. I didn't get to a front tuck yet, inlocates didn't go to smooth, and I find it a very strange feeling to have to let go in that direction. Plus that I have very Unflexible shoulders, and not such a high back swing. So I also went for the one and a quorter back. But I only landed it once on my back, because the blow I got was fairly big. And I didn't realy dare to do it again. So I tried high tucks. Do you think btw it is a must to be able to do a stut to practice for dubble? Cause that one friend said so, although I am getting pretty high in my tuck/layeout. Just have to go dubble oneday, which is strange without a pit, pit feels a lot safer :(

Blairbob

It's a pretty common drill to work back salto off from a support.

You need to find and old somewhat soft and squishy landing mat. That way when you land, it won't knock all the wind out of you. It's a good idea to double up with these or one soft and squishy one over a regular firm one or maybe just a 4" thick mat instead of an 8" thick mat.

So 2 soft 8"ers or 1 soft 8" over a 4"er or 1 soft 8 over a regular 8.

deljosque

try front full, is a C and very easy only hard to land maybe you can make it to a 3/2 or 2/1 (D) front

one of your lands gymnasts can

Coach Sommer

If you are struggling with a back 1/2 twist, you are most definitely not ready for training double fronts off of rings. The front full off has more long term potential for you, but will currently remain out of reach due to the quality of your still developing inlocates.

My recommendation is to focus on refining your back 1/2 dismount until you are able to perform and land it without deduction.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer