- This was my first go at this PE. Let me know what I can improve on.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Ryan Segervall, June 13, 2017 · 22 Replies · 288 Views
- This was my first go at this PE. Let me know what I can improve on.
Looks good @Ryan Segervall
Just keep those reps consistently and try to pull legs upward.
Here is my second go at this progression. I feel the form is getting better but I still miss reps here and there due to not timing it right, and sometimes my right and left legs will be slightly asymmetrical in height.
I am curious if my torso position is where it should be for this progression and if there is anything I can improve on to work toward getting perfect form before I start to add reps
Hey Ryan,
Can you also upload a video taken from the side?
- let me know if you need another angle.
This was a cold set, just walked into the gym to get a extra angle but it is a pretty good depiction of the form i maintain during my training sessions.
Looks solid to me @Ryan Segervall. Just make sure to make each rep as consistent as you can. ![]()
What do you think @Jeffrey Bittner?
Nice work, Ryan!
15 hours ago, Leo Trinidad said:Looks solid to me @Ryan Segervall. Just make sure to make each rep as consistent as you can.
What do you think @Jeffrey Bittner?
I do tend to notice a difference between my reps. Im waiting untill I build the coordination before adding reps on.
Will keep workin at it!
-Let me know if there is anything I can do better on the jefferson curl.
- I tried to keep a straight up and down bar path with the weight directly over the toes, wasnt perfect by any means.
^ also this is a 25lbs kettle bell. Ive done jefferson curls in the past and had worked up to 45lbs but havent had them in my routine for a while so I decided to start with 25lbs. I feel a good stretch with this weight as well as a good contraction of the small musculature involved in extension (sub groups of spinae erectors) as I come up from the bottom and re stack my vertebrae 1 at a time. 10 & 15lbs felt to light but if starting with the 25lbs kettle bell throws any red flags please let me know and I will happily regress down
and while we are here is there a general progression scheme that is safe for jefferson curls? like add 5lbs every 6 weeks? obviously you have to be much more patient with weighted mobility than your general conditioning and was curious if there were any guidelines that GB athletes follow.
- was going to attempt 4x15 today but after my first set something told me to keep it at 4x12 for the day. hows my form, any room for improvement?
trying my best to not rush through reps and have nice control at the top, although ill say I was not perfect here. planning on keeping it at 4x12 for another couple weeks so I can dial it in before moving onwards.
Nice work, Ryan. Work on straightening your back a bit more as well as smoothing out your reps. Nice compression at the top. Can you post another side view of your J-curls?
1 minute ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Nice work, Ryan. Work on straightening your back a bit more as well as smoothing out your reps. Nice compression at the top. Can you post another side view of your J-curls?
will do!
ive posted a video of my J curls previously. My current J curl may look a little different than this but I havent made many drastic changes to my form that I know of
On 6/27/2017 at 8:07 AM, Ryan Segervall said:-Let me know if there is anything I can do better on the jefferson curl.
- I tried to keep a straight up and down bar path with the weight directly over the toes, wasnt perfect by any means.
Can you also take another video? Because it has been nearly 2 months since you posted this video, I'm sure that your lumbar mobility has improved quite a bit. I'm eager to see.
8 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Can you also take another video? Because it has been nearly 2 months since you posted this video, I'm sure that your lumbar mobility has improved quite a bit. I'm eager to see.
here is a cold rep for you
Depth I is about the same as 2 months ago, but will say I notice a big improvement in thoracic mobility at the beginning of the rep.
also while we are here is there a rate of progression you recommend with J curls. Say hang out with same weight for 6 weeks then bump it up by 5lbs?
Thanks!
@Jeffrey Bittner what are your thoughts on my jefferson curl ^
I notice a little knee bend at the bottom. Looking to clean that up. Anything else?
Hey Ryan,
Nice improvement! Other than the knee bend at the bottom things look pretty solid. Keep working on curling the lumbar spine even more as you lift out of the pike position. As far as weight goes, you should use the same weight for at least a month, if not a bit more. When you do increase weight, it should be a small increase (3-4 lbs max). Great job!
Here is 5x15 mastery test. Let me know how it looks!
Hey Ryan,
It looks good. Before giving you the okay to move on, can you upload another video of your iM where you are a bit closer to the camera?
3 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Hey Ryan,
It looks good. Before giving you the okay to move on, can you upload another video of your iM where you are a bit closer to the camera?
Will do! Does the PE look okay?
The PE looks good. Awesome job!
8 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Hey Ryan,
It looks good. Before giving you the okay to move on, can you upload another video of your iM where you are a bit closer to the camera?
here is my jefferson curl. Let me know how it looks
Hi @Ryan Segervall,
Looks good to me. You can maybe slow down a bit going up and really feel it one vertebrae at a time.