This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weighted scap shrugs

Started by Garry Barker, June 13, 2017 · 2 Replies · 80 Views

Garry Barker

I really enjoy scap shrugs so have continued with them as I work through the SPL ( mobility is holding me back at PE2)

I can now do 5 x 25 reps and was wondering if weighted scap shrugs was an option or is there risk of injury doing them this way?

I feel like I have a new back from them so will just continue to up the reps in that is the better option?

Thanks!

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Garry Barker,

No need to up the reps or do weighted. Just do what is the mastery set while working on your mobility. How long have you been on your mobility? Perhaps it is better to consider on availing the Front Split and Middle Split Series to help with your Hip Mobility.

Garry Barker

HI @Leo Trinidad

I can achieve 5 x 60s on PE3 but still on PE2>IM straddle running man probably for around 3 months now. I'm going to get the stretch series when I can but it's just not possible for me at the moment.

I just continue to do scap shrugs because I enjoy them even though I have passed the progression so was hoping to up them a bit. Is there no benefits from them after 5 x 15 reps?