Exporting Workout History

Started by Prateep Bandharangshi, June 12, 2017 · 9 Replies · 2,783 Views

Prateep Bandharangshi

Hi all,

I've been very happily working through F1 and the stretch courses for about 6 months now and I'm really enjoying the content and progress. I was wondering if there's any plans to include an export facility for workout history? Us data nerds would love that. Something as simple as all fields dumped to CSV would make it much easier to review progress, analyse trends, plateaus etc.

Anyone else interested?

Prateep

Alessandro Mainente

Hi , Prateep thanks for your input! i'll inform the GB Team so that we can evaluate this option for the future!

Nicholas Murray

I would like this as well. The "notes" field, especially, is not exposed well in the GB interface. Ideally, you should be able to get a summary of workouts with all the notes as well.

Jin Liu

data nerd+1! I have all GST workout in a spreadsheet...  Next to each workout is the total time spent on it, from d1 to mastery, plus some notes. But this data nerd sometimes forgets to enter data...

Suzanna McGee

Me too, data nerd as well. Would love to have the option to export  

Luke Searra

Hi guys, Gymnsticbodies is working on this .

Prateep Bandharangshi
24 minutes ago, Luke Searra said:

Hi guys, Gymnsticbodies is working on this .

Great to hear. Thanks!

Matic Balantic

What do you want to do with the data? :) What are you going to be looking for - what analytics would you find helpful?

Prateep Bandharangshi
1 hour ago, Matic Balantic said:

What do you want to do with the data? :) What are you going to be looking for - what analytics would you find helpful?

With access to the raw data (e.g. a CSV dump), the possibilities are endless and I expect would differ depending on personal interest.

For me, I'm quite interested in visualising trends. As the courses and progressions are well structured with discrete steps towards mastery, that lends itself well to charting over time. You can then easily see:

  • is progress at a consistent rate
  • is progress faster in some exercises than others and if so, maybe there are areas that warrant more focus
  • is progress in one area correlated with progress in others
  • is progress (or lack thereof) correlated with other variables that might be tracked e.g. sleep, diet, other training outside of GB
  • are there plateaus and if so, why (again this might be correlated with other variables that are tracked)

Anyway, just my thoughts. Love to hear what others think.

Igor Knezevic
On 2017-6-13 at 10:25 PM, Luke Searra said:

Hi guys, Gymnsticbodies is working on this .

Awesome!