This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Adjustments for high caloric demands

Started by Alex Hernandez, June 11, 2017 · 7 Replies · 193 Views

Alex Hernandez

I completed all of the steps in Thrive and have been following diligently for some time. My body composition seems to be improving (subjectively speaking, I haven't actually used the calipers in a while), but I feel I could have more energy.

In addition to GB, I train in Shaolin Kung Fu several hours a week, usually after breakfast. It could best be described as mostly high intensity cardio, burning a minimum of 700-800 calories per hour. Shall I continue to stick to the parameters, or is it best to eat more than the serving size range when training is this demanding? Should I switch any of the elements of breakfast and dinner around since my training is early in the day (I'm unable to change the time of this training). My apologies if the answer is somewhere in the course or in another thread, I was unable to find the answer in either place.

Everett Carroll

Hey Alex,

Keep the meal flow the same, like Jeff suggests in this thread:

Alex Hernandez

@Everett Carroll,

Thank you for both the answer and the link to that thread. I read the thread in its entirety, and I found answers to other questions as well. Maximum muscle mass is not an objective, as I am already on the heavy side as far as kung fu is concerned. I will increase calories for breakfast especially and keep the meal flow the same.

Giulio Pizzini

I´d love to read the quoted thread in Everett´s comment but I get a:

 

¨No permission.

Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it.¨

 

Any suggestion on why this could be?

Ryan Bailey
7 hours ago, Giulio Pizzini said:

I´d love to read the quoted thread in Everett´s comment but I get a:

 

¨No permission.

Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it.¨

 

Any suggestion on why this could be?

It is highly classified. Those who viewed and were exposed prematurely to the content went missing for weeks...

Or, because it is a "lesson 13" thread, those who have not reached that level may not be able to view it.

Giulio Pizzini

mmm... the plot thickens, I have completed all Thrive lessons but only see the forum questions for lessons 1-6 and then for lesson 19, not the middle ones. I'll open a support ticket, thank you

Everett Carroll

Hey Giulio,

Yes, please contact us on the support end for this. Thank you for your patience!

Giulio Pizzini

Support was impeccable and all works now, thank you