This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lentils

Started by David Rosenberg, June 10, 2017 · 4 Replies · 142 Views

David Rosenberg

Hi - How are lentils viewed in this program? Doesn't seem like they're highly recommended as starches. But I've heard a lot about their health benefits in terms of fiber. I'd been considering them "good carbs". Thoughts? Thanks!

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi David,

In this program lentils, beans, cheakpeas and all kind of legumes are not considered unhealthy, but also not considered optimal, although the «why» is not too much explained. There are others recommended starches. We re advise not to eat legumes until we reach the last step and then if we want we can add them again moderately. I was eating legumes all the time during the course, but just a few times. In my opinion is not a big deal. Hummus is great.

Antonio Alías Montoya

I d just add if you are used to eat them and you like, go ahead. Thrive doesn t ask to stop eating many types of foods, just recommend. 

Everett Carroll

Well said, Antonio!

Jeff Serven

Id call em "okay" carbs. If we were to list them in order they would be above bread but below the optimal sources.