This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent Arm Chin Hang

Started by David Belcher, June 10, 2017 · 3 Replies · 153 Views

David Belcher

GB Team,

I've been on PE 6, Bent Arm Chin Hang, for about 6 months! I feel like I'm pretty consistent with my training but haven't broken through to where I can do it long enough to pass.  I think the longest I've held it was about 30 seconds but could only do about 10 seconds on the sets that followed.  

What are your thoughts?  Just stay consistent and stick with it and I'll have a breakthrough eventually?

Thank you!

David

Nicholas Murray

A few things that might help:

* try to keep the length of each set as consistent as possible: instead of (for example) 50 seconds, 40 seconds, 30, 20 etc as you fatigue, go back a few steps and get 5 sets of 18 seconds absolutely solid. Then progress.

* Can you dead hang for 5 sets of 30 seconds? What gives out first, grip strength or biceps?

* On non-training days, perform one good set of 30 seconds, and see if that helps the 4 or 5 sets you do on training days.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @David Belcher,

From what I can recall, during the first release of Foundation One it is 5x60 :icon_twisted: 
Now its 5 x 30 and that is completely normal to be stuck for months as long as you are not stuck in all elements. I remember I got stuck there as all the other elements progressed. As Nicholas said, take a step back and do your best effort and form in each set. If you have doubts on your form please send video for form check. You can always look back to gauge and assess how you did in the previous exercises. Did you think you mastered all the previous exercises prior to your bent arm chin hang? The best thing to do is to keep refining your form. Best effort/form you can do and as your form gets better, it also gets harder because your ROM increases. :) I hope this helps.

David Belcher

Ok that's good advice!  Thank you!

I thinks its just one of the PE's I'm having more difficulty with.  I started GB last summer at the beginning of August and my goal is to complete Foundation 1 in the first year.