This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Physics behind door hanger

Started by Felipe Garcia Rosa, June 9, 2017 · 2 Replies · 83 Views

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hey there,

I received my backstrap along with door hangers. I just tried it out but was very scary, I felt like I could fall at any time.

I am using the side of the door which you should push to open it. So I understand I am applying force in the direction it opens (so I make sure its locked), but door hangers may apply force in opposite way.

the issue is that the door has no way to lock it fully (you can close and it locks normally but has no key).

have you ever fallen from a strap in a door? Can the door suddenly open or forces are balanced? Which side do you recommend? Any warnings?

Everett Carroll

Hey Feli,

If possible, use the other side of the door. As an additional way to secure the door from flying open, you can kick a door stopper or two in. Otherwise, just double check that the door is 100% shut before hopping into the sling. 

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Thanks Everett, will do opposite, makes sense.