This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Planche Lean form check
Started by Marcus Patterson, June 9, 2017 · 3 Replies · 123 Views
Hi @Marcus Patterson,
Very good effort. A few points to consider, make sure that you spread your fingers when doing this as you try to grip the floor. Make sure to depress your scaps (this means that your shoulders shouldn't be rolling forward as you lean. As you lean forward from 0:01 you see that your hips go up creating a small pike. We want to keep our posterior pelvic tilt. Be sure to show that you started from a solid plank position before leaning towards your planche lean. I hope this helps. Keep working on it. ![]()
15 hours ago, Leo Trinidad said:Hi @Marcus Patterson,
Very good effort. A few points to consider, make sure that you spread your fingers when doing this as you try to grip the floor. Make sure to depress your scaps (this means that your shoulders shouldn't be rolling forward as you lean. As you lean forward from 0:01 you see that your hips go up creating a small pike. We want to keep our posterior pelvic tilt. Be sure to show that you started from a solid plank position before leaning towards your planche lean. I hope this helps. Keep working on it.
Hi Leo
thanks for the advice. I don't quite understand about depressing the scaps. Is there a visual cue I could look at for this?
Re the pike in the hips I have been working hard to get rid of it and when I watch it back I cannot see it myself , so that will be hard .
Btw is my Lean sufficient?
Hi Marcus,
You need to pull your shoulders backward. There is a tendency that your shoulder roll forward as you lean further. You need more lean or else you will have a harder time in the more advanced progressions. Let us know if you have any more concerns.