Whenever I try this stretch it crushes my pecs. Its impossible for me to put enough weight on my arm to get a stretch before it starts to kill. This can be somewhat alleviated if I don't put my arm directly across and angle it upward instead but I don't feel much of a stretch in the shoulder this way. Is this just a symptom of my chest being too tight? Should I just keep going at it slowly until it stops hurting? Help would be much appreciated as there aren't too many delt stretches in gb and the foundation work is pretty shoulder-intensive so I'd like to prevent mine from getting too tight.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Capsule Stretch Help
Started by Phillip Weiner, June 9, 2017 · 1 Replies · 68 Views
Hi @Phillip Weiner,
Thanks for reaching out. Yes take it slow as mobility takes time. Don't put your full weight and just go slowly and apply only the amount of weight that you can handle. You can adjust the angle a bit for the mean time. As you get better and stronger then go back and follow the required position. If by any chance you have the Fundamentals Course then I strongly suggest that you do your daily limber first prior to your Thoracic Bridge stretches. I hope this helps.