How to integrate rings series 1 with foundations 1 and the stretch series? Planning feature does not offer such options.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Andrey Kruglykhin, June 8, 2017 · 7 Replies · 518 Views
How to integrate rings series 1 with foundations 1 and the stretch series? Planning feature does not offer such options.
Hi Andrey,
You cannot integrate rings training until you have finished the Foundation Series(up to F4). You can start playing/trying Rings One once you have mastered at least Foundation Two at your own discretion. Training rings without proper mastery and preparation of the foundations can lead to injury. I hope this helps.
On 09/06/2017 at 4:14 PM, Leo Trinidad said:Hi Andrey,
You cannot integrate rings training until you have finished the Foundation Series(up to F4). You can start playing/trying Rings One once you have mastered at least Foundation Two at your own discretion. Training rings without proper mastery and preparation of the foundations can lead to injury. I hope this helps.
Leo,
Thank you very much for your answer and care!
I have done some rings work before having embarked on the GST course half a year ago. For example, I can do five rings dips and at least 10 l-sit swings on the rings. The reason I embarked on GST is that I found my training lacking systematic approach and programming.
As many of the students who are not starting from scratch and have already got some skills from previous training however deficient it used to be, I would like to keep doing what I have been doing and start rings integration as soon as possible. Any tips on a more systematic approach for that would be highly appreciated. Without progressions, it is a path to injury. And, as they say, if you can't stop it - lead it!
Brgds,
Andrey
Hi @Andrey Kruglykhin,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience. It is not in my expertise to advise on Rings Strength/Programming. Perhaps @Alessandro Mainentewill have better input.
In all honesty, I haven't been training the Rings program even though I could do slow controlled rings muscle ups and back levers. Building solid Foundations will ensure that once you start with the Rings program, your body will able to handle the volume and is physically prepared for it.
I do not have to add anything more to Leo's answer, basic rings programming it is reserved for students who have already shown to have the mastery of foundations 2, intermediate rings are reserved for who has already mastered foundations 4.
Leo and Alessandro,
Thanks a lot for your guidance!
Brgds,
Andrey
On 6/11/2017 at 4:42 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:I do not have to add anything more to Leo's answer, basic rings programming it is reserved for students who have already shown to have the mastery of foundations 2, intermediate rings are reserved for who has already mastered foundations 4.
Alessandro, picking up from the old conversation: where do I find the basic rings programming and how do I add those to my weekly schedule, please? I checked all the available modules. Brgds, Andrey
As Rings as an advanced GST course, it does not appear in your regular Class Finder. Once you are ready to move onto Ring training you can access the course through your Course Library and follow the same mastery scheme as you use in the Foundation programs.