Hello! I am a beginner here at GB, and I have been working on foundation series for a couple of weeks now. Today while I was doing the upper body workout, I was working on 5x15 incline pull-ups, and after the first couple of sets, I would need a 30 sec break before beginning the next set in order to complete the full 15 reps. I would like to know if I should be aiming for no rest time in between sets? I chose the easy face after the workout because I was able to complete the workout and I am eager to move to the next progression, although I did break a sweat and my heart started to race a bit. I was wondering if I should stay here until I am able to complete the workout without rest time in between the sets? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Should I be aiming for no rest time in between sets and exercises
Started by Devon O'Neal, June 8, 2017 · 2 Replies · 206 Views
Hello Devon, think about your rest as the time it takes you to do your iM (integrated mobility). The more careful time you spend on your iM, the more you can rest + mobilize between strength elements. Rest outside if that you should aim at not taking.
Hi Devon,
The follow along vids are the correct tempo and 'rest ' times. You need to be able to match them rep for rep for mastery. If not already I would strongly suggest to submit a form check. If you haven't mastered form in inclines then its a lot harder during PE2 to start fixing issues with PPT and protraction. Its worth not rushing inclines. Make haste slowly.