This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE1>im scaling

Started by Jonas Berglund, June 7, 2017 · 4 Replies · 96 Views

Jonas Berglund

Hi all, the one handed lat stretch is causing me trouble. After injuried My left oblique/lats area (close to the ribs) I went to the physio. He suggested to stay away from this stretch for a while. After 4 weeks rest from it i was painfree. So i started to slowly invole the stretch again. Now after 2nd time on this stretch im starting to feel that bad soreness again. 

I have posted a couple formchecks and coaches says form is ok. Is there anyway I can scale this stretch so i can get some work in?

 

Another exercise im very carefull with is the shoulder Pancake. I think this one and the onehanded lat stretch are exercises that i got injuried from. Obv by not listening good enough to My body. 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Jonas, in this case 4 weeks of rest are too less and you used and intensity too high for your level of tolerance, that was lower after the injury. be careful with the intensity, after and injury you should first consider improving the strength of the damaged tissue.

Jonas Berglund
29 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Jonas, in this case 4 weeks of rest are too less and you used and intensity too high for your level of tolerance, that was lower after the injury. be careful with the intensity, after and injury you should first consider improving the strength of the damaged tissue.

@Alessandro Mainente appreciate your feedback. 

How do i strength the tissue? Keep doing incline rows? The rows feel good by the way, only the IM is trouble. 

Should i keep doing rows without mobility? Sorry about so many questions, a bit frustrated about going backwards on My allready superslow progress. 

Everett Carroll
10 hours ago, Jonas Berglund said:

How do i strength the tissue? Keep doing incline rows? The rows feel good by the way, only the IM is trouble. 

 

Rest as much as needed and, if possible, run this by a physio.

10 hours ago, Jonas Berglund said:

Should i keep doing rows without mobility?

Train what you can for now. Avoid any discomfort or pain. Again, an in-person assessment is ideal with these things but be sensitive and take the necessary time to completely heal, even if that means no RC training for a while. 

Jonas Berglund

THanks guys, the injuried area feel brittle, stretching passively might not be the best answer for brittle tissue? 

My intuition says I need to get bloodflow to the area in shorter dynamic movements before going into passive stretch again. Am I way off? 

I view brittle tissue as a rubberband who spent to much time in the hot sun. Put it in to much tension and it breaks.

 

I appreciate all the advice, but ive Been in search for legit PTs before and did not find anyone suitable so I prefer listening to your (GB-coaches) advice and try the best I can to solve the problem from that.