This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Kids vs. Adults

Started by Derek Schlieps, June 6, 2017 · 4 Replies · 112 Views

Derek Schlieps

Hi I am wondering what is the difference in using this program with kids vs. adults? How did Coach Sommer implement this program in the gym for his boys program? Are there any differences in using this in a competitive boys program vs. using it for individuals? I imagine that this program would need to be generalized to implement with a group of young boys? Thanks!

Luke Searra

Hello Derek,

I will give you the short answer: The program has been VASTLY toned down and scaled for individual adults.

The end goal movements of the 7 elements in Foundations are the competitive kid's warm-ups.

Derek Schlieps

Ok but is the programming different when applied in a competitive team environment? Are the progressions shown in this program the exact same ones used with young athletes? I'm thinking kids around age 6-8. 

Alessandro Mainente

These progressions are very useful to build up an autonomous group especially if you have a lot of kids, with less kid I tend to prefer to work with spotting exercises.

Programs are made to solve adults issues like mobility and poor connective tissue preparation, generally, kids do not have these problems.

there is a lot more behind.

Derek Schlieps

Thanks for the response! Do you know where can I find more information on this topic?