This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

thoracic bridge and push ups feedback

Started by Johan Tideland, June 6, 2017 · 6 Replies · 123 Views

Johan Tideland

Hi

I would like some feedback on my thoracic bridge and push ups. When I look at the videos it looks like I am bending mostly from my lumbar spine and my thoracic spine looks pretty straight.

 I have also included  a set of hip taps, its the last video, however you can not really see that it looks any different from a normal thoracic bridge but I am doing my best to put weight on one arm at the time.

bridge

 

push ups

 and hip taps

Thanks

Johan

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Johan, you are pretty tight, my suggestion it is to include a daily work on inverted cat and normal cat variation.

Johan Tideland

I will do, thanks Alessandro

Johan Tideland

Hello

I have been doing the inverted and elevated cat stretches daily, I still have a lot of work to do thought. 

I have a video of my inverted cat stretch and I wonder if I am dong it correctly or if there is something I could improve on it to make it more effective.

 

 Do you think that I should do as some people here have done and just stop the thoracic bridge stretch at the shoulder flexion press and repeat that and the inverted cat instead of doing the thoracic bridge, push ups and hip taps?

Here is also a video of my thoracic bridge as of today.

 Thanks 

Johan

Pauline Taube

Hi Johan,

Nice work here. 

For the inverted cat you can move the theraball slightly higher up this will allow your hip to drop further to the floor. 

For your Bridge I would recommend to do the same variation on the stall bar instead of the wall. This way it will be easier to push through the heels and keep your glutes tense. Remember also not to hyperextended your neck, look in front of you and not on the floor :) 

Alessandro Mainente

Now it is the time to begin the inverted cat with the ball a little bit closer to the stallbar.

Johan Tideland

Thanks guys, I will implement your suggestions