This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Schedule recommendation

Started by Étienne Lajeunesse, June 6, 2017 · 2 Replies · 74 Views

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi all,

I've had some hard times training recently and I need to back off a bit in lowering my training volume.  The thing is, I've been training everything (except the stretch courses) twice a week and I'm wondering how much faster or better could be the progression if I started doing it only once a week.

Btw, is the coach's recommentation only for beginners or is it any better to other types of schedules since it's his?

Thanks a lot!

Pauline Taube

Hi Étienne,

Hard training times are always though but something that most of us experience at one point. You have been training really hard and we are enjoying watching your continuous progress. 

I would recommend to back off and perform each workout once a week for the next few weeks before considering to add more. It sounds like you will need to lower your frequency in order to allow your body to recover better. 

Training volume/frequency is highly individual and something that works well for one person may not work at all for a different person. Coach Sommer's recommended schedule is primarily for beginners (in terms of GST). It covers a big part of the beginner GB curriculum. After following his schedule for a few months each individual may have to make adjustments according to specific goals, progress and ability to recover :) 

Étienne Lajeunesse

Thanks Pauline! I will do as needed to get back on track as fast as possible :)