This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Korean Dip Form Check

Started by Matt Shortis, June 5, 2017 · 3 Replies · 106 Views

Matt Shortis

1st attempt at doing Korean dips. They were a challenge. I couldn't seem to get my but out of the way on the concentric phase of the movement. Any pointers? My apologies in advance for it being a little dark

 

 

Tanya Hill

Hi Matt, 

Your efforts are where it all starts. The Korean Dips are ment to have a lit of a swing, you are preforming these strict. Try to use a a bit more of a swing, arching your body under the bar and back up. Timing my friend, timing. ;)

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Matt, 

In addition to Tanya's suggestions, it may also find it helpful to place the bar a little higher up.

The height in which you have it set is forcing you to bend your knees, thus throwing off your center of gravity. The aim should be to keep the legs straight with a strong arch through your entire body.

Matt Shortis

Thanks Tanya and Mikey. Definitely will require some practice to get used to the movement. Height wise, I actually had this at a decent height. I started standing on a stool to make sure I would be off the ground. Didn't want it too high in case I fell on my face. I think the bent legs is more a product of not understanding the movement yet but I will keep straight legs a point of emphasis next attempt.