This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Suggestions on those long parallette bars?

Started by David Rosenberg, June 2, 2017 · 5 Replies · 188 Views

David Rosenberg

Any suggestions on good bars to get for the preliminary exercises?

Tanya Hill

Hi David, 

Great question. I have seen many athletes use just a basic dip station. I've seen set ups created using olympic lifting stations that have the two bars to preform dips. :)

Kai Ewert

Some scrap wood for the base and an appropriately shaped handrail from your local home improvement store seems like it would do the job. I'm pretty sure they'll have rails like that.

 

Matthew Walker

Fence posts or galvanized pipe work great. 

Kai Ewert

Here are some pictures of the ones I made - from a handrail from Lowe's and scrap pieces of 2x4 and 2x6 lumber. They are 6 ft long (I made 2, cutting a long handrail in half) and work quite well. The flex a bit but so do the ones in the demo videos. The handrail wasn't super cheap (~ $50 I think) but it's oak and wood feels nicer to me than pipe (I have shorter ones made from galvanized pipe also).

IMG_3455.thumb.JPG.995244876e3c18e5f129202f75f115f6.JPG IMG_3457.thumb.JPG.cd13e8f63172c8b6f57d209c7f0fd8be.JPGIMG_3459.thumb.JPG.12a02ab30533e02821de128f5154860b.JPGIMG_3460.thumb.JPG.ed7ff0faab651762d8fe56fd4377aee4.JPGIMG_3461.thumb.JPG.18b861acd657a681612bcebbaba4e2cf.JPG

Jon Douglas

Nice. I really want some long paralettes of my own.... I'm nervy trying hs pirouettes on full size pbars :)