This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC-PE7 Form Check

Started by Josh Shaw, June 2, 2017 · 7 Replies · 154 Views

Josh Shaw

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

 

 

Petri Widsten

Hi Josh

I think you should start your reps with your chin above the bar. Regarding the duration,  each rep should be 10s though the course video is only about half of that so I'm not sure.

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Josh,

Great job as always. Petri was spot on with his comment about getting your chin above the bar. As you get tired you start to pick up some arch as you lower. Remember to squeeze your stomach to help keep the spine in alignment. I recommend scooting the bench backwards a bit so that you can also keep PPT without hitting your feet as you lower.

Your iM looks good from the side. Can you also post a top view?

Josh Shaw

So I kinda went off book and started doing my own thing with pullups outside of GST programming.  I did hit a PR of 17 reps at @216 lbs bodyweight, though I'll admit they weren't quite up to the same standard as I expect when sticking to the GST programming.  I've since been nursing an injury (I think it was a trap strain) that did not originate from pullups, but was made worse trying to push through it on pullups, especially with the quantity over quality approach I had been taking.  Now the that injury is feeling better, I'm going back to where I left off with the rope climbs progressions, and sticking to them.  Here's my latest mastery attempt on the pullup negatives and undergrip bent leans.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Josh, I can notice that the top-medium part of the eccentric its is fluid while the bottom part it is too fast. try to decrease the speed of the last that it exactly where the biceps it is weak.

Josh Shaw
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Josh, I can notice that the top-medium part of the eccentric its is fluid while the bottom part it is too fast. try to decrease the speed of the last that it exactly where the biceps it is weak.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm going to spend a few weeks working on it, then I'll post another video.

Josh Shaw

Still going to work on them a couple more weeks, but I think these are more slow and controlled all the way to the bottom. 

 

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Josh Shaw,

Awesome improvement. Just as Alex said. Keep working on it and try your best to keep each rep consistent. Keep up the good work. :)