Ive been working on basic support swings on the parallel bars at the gymnastics place i go to. I was trying to do them keeping my shoulders pulled down and back as much as possible as this is the correct form for most exercises, however the coach at the gym said that I'm supposed to be more relaxed and keep my shoulders shrugged. Is this right? I also read somewhere that you're supposed to keep you're shoulders pushed down on both ends of the swing and keep them loose and shrugged in the middle so that u can push them down and get more momentum/height/power on the ends of the swing.... Whats the right technique???
Basic Support Swings PB
Started by Samuel Carr, February 26, 2010 · 4 Replies · 1,866 Views
Through the middle, the shoulders will be in the neck, shrugged up. At the peak phase forward or backward they will shrug down, pushing down through the support.
okay thank you
ok i've been doing these wrong then
This should better explain it.
I'm sure you can find other video of basic PB support swing or in the compulsory routines on youtube.