This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

"Skipping" breakfast

Started by Christopher Denzer, June 1, 2017 · 6 Replies · 149 Views

Christopher Denzer

Hello:

I have the feeling I am going to get my a$$ handed to me for this post. I tried searching the forum for a direct answer and came up short, so I apologize if this has already been answered. I know the forum is full of people just looking for permission to disregard Jeff's advice in Thrive, but I just don't know what to do. I work extremely early in the morning (before my daughter wakes up for school), and have no other time options. I cannot cook at that time and eating before an intense workout makes me nauseous. I am lactose intolerant and protein shakes immediately send me running for the bathroom. Are BCAA's an acceptable pre-peri-workout drink until I can eat something?

Ching Yin Leung

Can you have eggs? I boil 2 eggs in the evening and then put them (peeled) in the fridge for the next morning. I wake up at 4:50am sometimes and it's a huge time saver. If 2 eggs are too much, you can nibble on a small portion before and then have more food after the morning workout.

Christopher Denzer

Great suggestion, thanks!

Ryan Bailey
On 6/1/2017 at 9:51 AM, Christopher Denzer said:

Hello:

I have the feeling I am going to get my a$$ handed to me for this post. I tried searching the forum for a direct answer and came up short, so I apologize if this has already been answered. I know the forum is full of people just looking for permission to disregard Jeff's advice in Thrive, but I just don't know what to do. I work extremely early in the morning (before my daughter wakes up for school), and have no other time options. I cannot cook at that time and eating before an intense workout makes me nauseous. I am lactose intolerant and protein shakes immediately send me running for the bathroom. Are BCAA's an acceptable pre-peri-workout drink until I can eat something?

I know how you feel; I head out quick in the morning and have some Daughters of my own. After trying to figure out some breakfast ideas, I remembered Jeff saying in one of his essays, about a quick option for good jerky and nuts as a quick option. Here is what I came up with for some preparation.

593c99e5af5f0_20170206_2326462.thumb.jpg.e3e0095d6feea635ab11e259037302c7.jpg

Vension jerky with some basic ingredients for a quick protein breakfast snack to go.

Hope this helps. There is no cheep route when it comes to good jerky but I have found some sales in the local grocery store lately as well; Good luck!

Christopher Denzer

Good advice! Thanks Ryan.

Jeff Serven

BCAA is okay, I like essential amino acid complex better. More money but worth it. 

Christopher Denzer

On it. Thanks!