This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE1 and iM

Started by Jennifer Morgan, June 1, 2017 · 6 Replies · 85 Views

Jennifer Morgan

Hello, coaches!  In watching the videos and reading some coaching cues on other posts for this exercise, I'm still not sure if I'm doing these correctly.  In the first video, I try to keep my feet and arms elevated off the ground in the lying position.  In the second video, I touch my heels and hands.  Which one is more correct?

Also, should I concentrate on getting my knees to my chest with the knees together, or is it okay for the knees to come apart, if the feet are still together?  The follow-along video shows one of the trainers with his knees coming apart at the chest.

I still have a ways to go on these, but any cues would be appreciated.

On the iM, I feel pretty good about the windmill, but should I try to reach more behind me or is slightly behind okay?  Pay no attention to my very last one, I think I was coming off balance on that one. :facepalm:

 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Jennifer,

For the tuck-ups, you can lower your legs and arms all the way to the ground each time. Otherwise, they are looking really good. Just keep working to get your knees all the way to your chest each time. This core compression will come in handy later!

Reach through your legs for the windmills, not just to the floor. Also ensure your knees are 100% locked during these. 

Keep up the good work!

 

Jennifer Morgan

Thank you for your quick reply!  Okay, I will keep working on both, I have a ways to go, but feeling pretty good about these.

I'm grateful for this forum and being able to get feedback from coaches like you.  Thank you!

Andrew Rupp

@Everett Carroll, I'm also curious about her question regarding the knees. I have a tendency for my knees to separate at the top of the rep as well and am wondering if that is acceptable or if the goal is to keep them together. I'm assuming the latter, as that's when my reps feel most controlled. 

Thanks!

Luke Searra

Hello Andrew, I am sure Everett will concur, but you are correct. The latter (keeping your legs together at the top of each with compression), is definitely the goal.

Andrew Rupp

Sounds good, thanks @Luke Searra

Luke Searra

Andrew when in doubt feel free to post videos for form refinement and checks