This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Deload week

Started by Étienne Lajeunesse, June 1, 2017 · 3 Replies · 62 Views

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi coaches,

I'm currently passing through a period of tireness and reduced my training intensity this week.  I know there's no official deload week in Foundation 1, but can you suggest something for a kind of rest week?  What I thought was to only do stretches and limbering. Something else I can do?

Thanks a lot!

Pauline Taube

Hi Étienne,

I think it's a good idea to listen to your body and put in a deload week if you need.

I recommend to keep the stretching and daily limbering. You can decrease the intensity of your workouts by doing 40-50% of your current sets and reps. Another option is work on previously mastered progressions. Just to keep refining the basics elements :) 

Étienne Lajeunesse

Alright! Thanks Pauline :) 

Is there deload weeks in the other foundations?

Everett Carroll

Yes, deload will be incorporated into your training once more of your Foundation elements reach the F2 level.