This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Dan's Training Log

Started by Dan Green, May 31, 2017 · 6 Replies · 31 Views

Dan Green

In the past I've been very unreliable with regards to my training and the results reflect this.

So, I've made the decision to start again from the beginning.

So, I've gone back to step one of pe1 for all movements and I'm going to stick to hitting each foundation and handstand workout once per week each.

On top of this training I am adding the wim hof method daily and daily foundation training from Eric Goodmans true to form book.

In an effort to maintain consistency, I will post my log here.

Pauline Taube

Hi Dan,

Sounds like a great plan!

We are looking forward to follow your training :) 

Dan Green

Tuesday was day one. 

 - 15 Mins foundation training

Lower:

 - 3 x 3 assisted squats with iM. The strength isn't really an issue with this pe, it's the mobility.

 

Wednesday:

 - 15 Mins foundation training 

 - Wim hof method.

     - Holds of - 1:15, 1:30, 1:40.

     - This was followed by a 30s cold shower.

Dan Green

Thursday:

Morning:

 - HRV measured at 7.4 upon waking.

 - Wim hof method.

     - Holds of 1:15, 1:45, 2:10

Training: 

 - 20 mins foundation training from 

     true to form book

 - H1 wrist exercises - 3x1 each

 - Tripod - 3 x 12s with 10s iM

 - Plank press - 3 x 1 with 5r iM

 

Stretching: 

 - Front split series. Oh my god this was painful. However, my mobility is awful so I'm hoping this helps.

 

Morning routine of HRV and wim hof is going to become a staple. They will both aid me in measuring how my body is adapting and recovering to my training and life in general.

I heard a podcast with Kelly Starrett where he mentions the wim hof method and how it can help you to check in with your body and see if you're recovering well enough. Essentially, if you normally have an exhale hold of 2 minutes or so and one morning you can only hit 30 seconds, it's a sign that some factor is affecting your recovery - could be training, stress, poor diet, poor sleep etc.

A combination of this with the HRV measurement will allow me to check in with my body every morning and see how I'm recovering. If it indicates I'm recovering badly - I can note this and look at my sleep and diet etc.

Dan Green

Friday: 

 - Hrv measured at 10.4 this am

 - Wim hof: 1:30, 2:00, 2:15

                   30s cold shower

 - Foundation training:

      - 15 min follow along workout

           from their site

 

Dan Green

P.s. Thankyou Pauline for your kind words. I look forward to sharing my journey with this community.

Pauline Taube

Awesome Dan!

When it comes to mobility patience and consistency is the key. I highly recommend to take photos along your journey to track your progress. This way you can also get help and support from the forum :)