This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Roll throughs form check

Started by Leigh Kettle, May 31, 2017 · 6 Replies · 172 Views

Leigh Kettle

https://youtu.be/pOPmEnBFy1Q

Hey guys

this is my current roll through form (albeit one rep due to phone memory shortage lol) that up until recently was an exercise I couldn't even begin to perform . Please could you critique for me so I know I'm on the right path with it 

I've tried sitting back onto a raised seat but doing the above version helps me stay engaged throughout the whole move, hope this ok ? 

many thanks 

Leigh 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work, Leigh.

This one has always given me some trouble as well. As you roll forward, make sure that your knees are locked. It looks like you are doing a great job. Keep up the consistency!

Leigh Kettle

Thanks Jeffrey 

appreciate always your feedback 

leigh 

Philip Windsor

@Leigh Kettle these are hard for me as well, I'm about the same as you in terms of technique, the only different is i set my bum down and then awkwardly try to roll back up, might try your version on Wednesday see if it flows better :D  

Apparently when we can get wider this will get easier to do the roll, here to progress!

Leigh Kettle

Good stuff Philip .

yes I tend to lose my Apt and locked legs when I sit down so for now thought it be better to try stay off the floor . 

Keep working hard , I'm sure we will  get there :-) 

Philip Windsor

Well just finished my set and must say its a lot better not going all the way down. Like you say is easier to focus on locking the knees straight.

thanks for the tip :D

Leigh Kettle

No worries Philip 

glad to hear you got on better with this variation 

good luck in your progress 

Leigh