This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Side to Side Squat SLS PE7 5x10

Started by Ryan Segervall, May 31, 2017 · 10 Replies · 153 Views

Ryan Segervall

Intensity wise these are mellow but do feel quite good on the hips. Minus a couple missed reps I feel like this first swing at them went very well. 

 

For the im I am avoiding going to deep into the squat because the load begins to get to be too much to safely handle. 

Everett Carroll

Looking good so far Ryan! Just be sure to point those toes during the STS squats! Take your time with this iM. It should be a very gradual increase in ROM. 

Ryan Segervall

@Everett Carroll thats the plan! Nice and gradual

Ryan Segervall

- Would mark this as easy but wanted to check in to see if there is anything I can improve on here before progressing onward to PE 8. 

- also Im feels wayy better and can go deeper without any discomfort in the left knee :) 

Everett Carroll

The only suggestion I have is for the iM: your knees should meet only once your hips are level with them. So, rather than bringing your knees that close together, you should push them further forward to achieve more depth.  

Ryan Segervall

@Everett Carroll

 

how about this? 

- Trying to keep shoulders over hips as instructed in the form video. Letting knees drift forward. A couple of reps my knees touched, should I avoid bringing them in  touch until they can drift forward further? 

 

Ryan Segervall

Another take with less inward knee travel. 

 

- let me know which one is best for now

 

Everett Carroll

The latest submission is best. 

Ryan Segervall

@Everett Carroll

that was my assumption 

 

thanks for the help! 

Ryan Segervall

@Everett Carroll

 

The side to side squats are really easy for me, but I know I would still gain from the paired mobility. I was thinking of adding (twisting squats, skiers, and inside squats) as a warm up before my middle split or front split days. I was thinking 2 rounds of 5 reps per exercise in order to keep reaping the benefits form these exercises while being able to progress onward to more difficult leg exercises. 

 

thoughts? 

Everett Carroll

Sounds like a solid plan. I think that would really benefit you. You could also add them into your lower body warm up. Your choice!