This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE3 Psuedo Planche Push-up

Started by Francisco Garcia, May 30, 2017 · 9 Replies · 145 Views

Francisco Garcia

Hi, I progressed to HBP PE3 today and I was hoping to get feedback on my form.  Is it important to get the chest to the ground?   I didn't want to lose my PPT.   Also, I tried to keep my shoulders protracted but I don't know how successful I was.  Any suggestions?

Thank you!

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Francisco,

I recommend that you hit a solid PPT and protraction before beginning your lean. It looks like you are trying to lean first, then hit a good shape. If you hit your shape first, your lean will be much easier and much stronger.

As you lower into your push up you are picking up quite a bit of pike in the hips. Make sure that you are only leaning as far forward as you are able while maintaining good shape. Touching your chest to the ground is extremely important. As you lower, the knees, hips and chest should touch the ground, in that order respectively. I recommend staying on Step 1 until you are able to do this exercise with good form. Once your form is dialed in, it will be much easier to increase the number of reps.

Francisco Garcia

Thanks for the feedback Jeffrey! Is it ok to lose some PPT and some shoulder protraction when touching the chest to the floor?  

I'll work on improving my form and post another video when I think I'm ready for step 2.

Jeffrey Bittner

You should keep PPT throughout your entire set. At the bottom of your push up, the scapula should be retracted.

Alessandro Mainente

As Jeffrey stated, the beginning position it is a planche lean where the body has a diagonal alignment, when in this position if you bend the arm the different body parts will reach the floor depending on the initial position for knees first, then hips then chest, if this does not happen there is a loss of initial alignment.

Francisco Garcia

Ahh, that's very helpful!  It makes sense. Thanks @Alessandro Mainente

Francisco Garcia

Hi @Alessandro Mainente and @Jeffrey Bittner, I tried to address your comments in this video.  Do you think the form is adequate to go to step 2 and begin to build reps?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Francisco,

Awesome improvement. On your last rep you didn't quite hit full protraction. Make sure that you protract as much as possible on every rep. It looks good, nice work!

Alessandro Mainente

Nice application of suggestions!

Francisco Garcia

Thank you both!