Hi coaches
Could you please check my form for the planche lean? Should my hands be further back? If I try going further back I lose stability. I'm revisiting this exercise as I can't perform bent arm half straddle planche hold.
Thanks
Assad
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Assad Hussain, May 29, 2017 · 5 Replies · 91 Views
Hi coaches
Could you please check my form for the planche lean? Should my hands be further back? If I try going further back I lose stability. I'm revisiting this exercise as I can't perform bent arm half straddle planche hold.
Thanks
Assad
Hey Assad, nice form. little refinements for you:
-relax the feet, the resistance comes only from the shoulders
-move a bit lower the hips.
Thanks coach.
Should I try push my hands back further so they are just below the ribs. Looking to strengthen before I perform bent arm half straddle planche
Yes, but first refine the movement as Alex has suggested.
Thanks for the feedback Allesandro and Everett. I tried again today and tried to incorporate your suggestions. Lower hip and relax the feet a bit. My ankle is still a bit stiff so hard to get good foot extension. Still working on it. Also included some pseudo planche push ups at the end.
I've included the previous attempt below for easy comparison.
Hey Assad,
For the planche lean, fight to maintain the protraction you have at the 6s mark. Also engage your quads, making sure your knees are 100% locked. Nice PPT! Keep it up.
For the PPP's, you need much more protraction and your body line is also not quite there. For HBP, I recommend going back to PE2 to work on protraction at the top of your push-ups, as well as your body line. Master the basic position there, and you will have far more success when returning to PPPs.