Problem with training

Started by Niv Bekerman, May 28, 2017 · 6 Replies · 1,462 Views

Niv Bekerman

I have a problem.

I can hold the straddle planche and i want to progress to the full planche.

I can hold the one arm handstand for about 10 seconds and I want to pregress with it as well.

If I do some one arm handstands then my right shoulder is tired for planche. Even straddle planche is harder because of the OAHS.

How can I progress with both? One arm is handstand is a bit rare and I dont want to lose it But I also want to get full planche.

Luke Searra

Hello Niv, thank you for reaching out. Please post videos of both of your movements so that we may better help you to progress.

Alessandro Mainente

if you become tired with one arm handstand I doubt that your form it is correct.

Niv Bekerman
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

if you become tired with one arm handstand I doubt that your form it is correct.

 

Alessandro Mainente

One experienced eye can see that in your form there is a twist in the hips, in this way in the handstand position the weight it is not correctly absorbed.

Niv Bekerman
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

One experienced eye can see that in your form there is a twist in the hips, in this way in the handstand position the weight it is not correctly absorbed.

And how do i fix it?

Darin Phoenix

Hi Niv, 

It is fairly logical that you would be fatigued in your shoulders from training OAHS irrespective of your technique. Have you considered some simple resolutions like alternating training OAHS on one day and Planche on the next. You could also try alternating training Planche before you train your OAHS on alternating days. There is no way of getting around that your muscles will be more fatigued towards the end of your workout a simple adjustment to your programming can prevent you from always training your planche in this fatigued state.