This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Slight pain in the shoulder during mobility exercises

Started by Titus Schlüter, May 28, 2017 · 3 Replies · 147 Views

Titus Schlüter

Hey, I am new to gb but I do bodywheight training for a few years now. Since I started doing a lot of stretching and mobility exercises doing some movements like xiaopeng there is a clicking feeling and a slight pain in the rear part of the repetition in my right shoulder. I might consult a physio but since its not that strong pain I was wondering if anyone else has/had similar problems with such mobility exercises.

May it go away with further stabilization of the shoulder or might it get worse when doing too much shoulder work? Im just thinking a doctor would just tell me to rest but since that pain is occuring for a longer period of time already I doubt that thats gonna help me in any way.

Thanks and sorry if the question seems unnescessary,

Titus

Darin Phoenix

Clicking in the joints is not something to worry about. However in your case clicking that is associated with pain is an indication that there is a problem. Your idea of consulting a physiotherapist is without a doubt your best course of action. As only an in-person diagnosis will be able to give you a truly accurate indication of what the problem is and the best way to rehabilitate. 

Paul Wallbridge
On 28/05/2017 at 10:17 AM, Titus Schlüter said:

Hey, I am new to gb but I do bodywheight training for a few years now. Since I started doing a lot of stretching and mobility exercises doing some movements like xiaopeng there is a clicking feeling and a slight pain in the rear part of the repetition in my right shoulder. I might consult a physio but since its not that strong pain I was wondering if anyone else has/had similar problems with such mobility exercises.

May it go away with further stabilization of the shoulder or might it get worse when doing too much shoulder work? Im just thinking a doctor would just tell me to rest but since that pain is occuring for a longer period of time already I doubt that thats gonna help me in any way.

Thanks and sorry if the question seems unnescessary,

Titus

I had a 'slight pain' in my shoulder. I carried on. I now have some form of cortical irregularity in my numeral head (seen on MRI) which has not fully healed in 4 months of physiotherapy. Don't wait to see a dr as you never know what it will turn into!

Antonio Alías Montoya

Are you working on the thoracic bridge series? That ll help with all shoulder issues.