This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE2+IM

Started by Francisco Garcia, May 27, 2017 · 7 Replies · 94 Views

Francisco Garcia

Hi, I just started the manna PE2 and I was hoping to get some form feedback before I start progressing through the steps.  My lower back has a hard time curling in the Jefferson curl (and I think I'm going to need a more stable platform).  Is there anything else I should focus on?

thank you!

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Francisco,

Thanks for the submission!

For your PE, everything is good except you have some slight knee bending on the left side. Focus on engaging your quads. That will help to keep your knees straight at all times. 

For the iM, the first thing that should happen is your chin should tuck to your chest. From there, focus on curling down, one vertebra at a time. You had an excellent pause in the bottom and a nice pike. As you return to the top, ensure you initiate the curl from your lower back, gradually unrolling the spine. At the end, untuck your chin. 

Keep it up! This progression only needs a little extra refinement. You're doing great. 

Luke Searra

Francisco,

Great job so far.

In your PE2 I would like you to make sure as a priority for movement refinement that you keep your knees completely straight and locked. You absolutely have the range of motion (as I can see in your Jefferson Curl).

In your JC, I want you to think of the movement as 2 parts :1) the way down or the negative 2) the way up or the positive. The positive part of the movement is much more solid than the negative because you are under tension already and your articulate your spine much more on the way up. My suggestion is that you rewatch your video and try to imitate the positive portion on the way down (if that makes sense to you). After you've practiced a little please re-submit your JC video for points of performance advice.

 

Once again great work so far.

Francisco Garcia

Thank you, @Everett Carroll and @Luke Searra.  Great feedback.  I will work on this and repost when I've made some progress.  

Luke Searra

We will be waiting Francisco

Francisco Garcia

Hi, I've tried to incorporate the feedback and am attaching the videos.  For the PE, I tried to keep both legs locked throughout the whole exercise.    For the IM, I tried to focus on the negative part of the exercise and I used more weight, hoping that would help curl my spine.  Is there a recommended weight?   Is it any better?  I am afraid my lower back is pretty rigid when folding forward.

Thanks!

 

Everett Carroll

Nice work Francisco! Everything looks good. I'm impressed with your rapid improvement. 

Francisco Garcia

Thanks Everett!  I really appreciate the help.