This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

It clicked..

Started by Jin Liu, May 26, 2017 · 7 Replies · 203 Views

Jin Liu

I'm not at this progression yet, and I don't mean to jump ahead. I casually tried this wide grip L sit pull up the other day, and to my surprise it felt great! I give all the credit to the Bulgarian pullups I've been grinding for so long. For a time I thought I spend too much time on the Bulgarian pullup. But now that I see the result, I understand what it means by having a solid basic. I still think I'm new to the physical training world, and I never had a coach or any sort of programming before GB. I've always been more drawn towards the "party tricks" than grinding the basics. But now I get it. Thanks GB for setting my priorities straight, and providing the awesome programming. 

I'm curious to see if how much better my form will be when I really get to this progression :) 

 

Kai Ewert

very nice! 

Darin Phoenix

Nice work Jin Liu.

It really is impressive what a focus on building a strong Foundation can lead you to achieve.

Some solid pulling strength.

Luke Searra

Very impressive work Jin Liu, absolutely keep it up.

Leo Trinidad

Awesome work @Jin Liu. Its really nice to see progress even when you are not in that exercise yet. :)

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jin as you can notice you tend to internally rotate the shoulders at the beginning of every rep. you MUST avoid absolutely this movement.

Jin Liu
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Jin as you can notice you tend to internally rotate the shoulders at the beginning of every rep. you MUST avoid absolutely this movement.

Thanks for the feedback, Alessandro. I was trying to hang as low as possible at the end of each rep to mimic a deadhang. But I guess with the legs out & wide grip, there's no real deadhang possible, without internally rotate the shoulders? If I keep the lats engaged and shoulders externally rotated, that def doesn't feel like a deadhang. But is that what should be done with the wide grip L sit pull-up?

Alessandro Mainente

you should try to actively externally rotate the upper arm.