This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Exit handstand

Started by Tobias Karlsson, May 26, 2017 · 1 Replies · 68 Views

Tobias Karlsson

I have just started HS1 and looked through it a bit.The one thing I am most worried about when it comes to handstand is to uncontrollably fall on my back. Is there any part of the progression that trains how to exit the HS if I loose balance or should I supplement with some addition training on how to land nicely if i loose balance?

Everett Carroll

Hi Tobias,

The exit is not specifically covered in the course. Ideally, you'll have a soft surface behind you when training wall handstands. The best way to build confidence with these is to be conservative and walk up only as far as you feel comfortable, making sure you save enough energy for the walk back down. Always focus on saving enough strength to walk you hands back down.