This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Balance issues

Started by Paul Del Casino, May 25, 2017 · 5 Replies · 110 Views

Paul Del Casino

I'm on step 9 on HS SE3 (partial wall HS). From a strength and mobility perspective, I feel like I'm OK. I can get to the end of the 5x10s and not be too worn out. But I'm having a hard time actually finding my balance point. I feel like I have little to no proprioception, or awareness of where my body is in space, and so I can't make the constant minute corrections. I only really notice once I'm falling one way or the other. Flexing my neck and allowing me to look "down" at my feet helps a little because I can see where they are in relation to the wall, but I think the correct neck position is neutral or slightly extended (clarify please). Any tips, or do I just need to keep doing it?

 

 

Tanya Hill

Hi Paul, 

The spacial awareness will come with time. Keep working your way through the courses and the mind-body connection with continue to build. 

Would love to see where you are at currently. Can you share a video with us?

 

Paul Del Casino

OK thanks. I just finished for the day so if I upload a video now I'm going to be tired and shaky. Give me a day or so and I'll submit one for review.

 

Paul Del Casino

The following videos are from step 9 from a couple different angles. The other two sets I couldn't balance for 10 seconds (and a couple of these are a couple seconds short as is). No problem with the associated wrist prep or mobility. Sometimes I can get pretty close to 5x10s, other times I can barely get one clean set. Thanks.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

The reason it is simply your head position. For beginner, it is not recommended the head-in position, you should be able to see your thumbs, can you see them from this position?

Paul Del Casino

No, I'll give that a shot.