This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE1 iM

Started by Étienne Lajeunesse, May 24, 2017 · 6 Replies · 64 Views

Étienne Lajeunesse

What's the ideal weight to reach for mastery?

Thanks!

Bas Albinus

I think that's one of those exercises that are open end and should be kept in one's routine indefinitely. Trying to get the hands shoulder width apart while going beyond 180degr flexion is the ultimate goal, but that's way more than required for exercise mastery.
In terms of weight required for mastery I think it says min. 5lbs. 

Jeffrey Bittner

@Étienne Lajeunesse Shoot for about 8-10 pounds (3-4 Kg).

Étienne Lajeunesse
14 hours ago, Bas Albinus said:

I think that's one of those exercises that are open end and should be kept in one's routine indefinitely. Trying to get the hands shoulder width apart while going beyond 180degr flexion is the ultimate goal, but that's way more than required for exercise mastery.
In terms of weight required for mastery I think it says min. 5lbs. 

Well, doesn't every shoulder mobility in hs are progressions to dislocates? At least, the first ones?

And btw, what exercise could help improve this one? Like, does the cat stretch could help?

Alessandro Mainente

The cat stretch improves only one part, shoulder extension part at the beginning of the stretch series does the rest.

Étienne Lajeunesse
13 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The cat stretch improves only one part, shoulder extension part at the beginning of the stretch series does the rest.

Thanks, so I will keep doing it for the PE1 iM too.

Bas Albinus
On 5/26/2017 at 1:48 AM, Étienne Lajeunesse said:

Well, doesn't every shoulder mobility in hs are progressions to dislocates?

This one is a bit different from dislocates as you re not supposed to roll your shoulders. I feel it's more like a trap "compression" exercise at max shoulder rom.