About half way into the follow along video there is a position, I think it is the narrowest hurdler. You raise a heel on to a block whilst sat down with one leg out front and one leg tucked back by your side. Now my problem is that I simply cannot get the trailing, tucked leg by my side (calf alongside, partially under thigh). When I do the position I am sat up high (as though kneeling) and the trailing leg folds under itself (hamstring on calf). To get the trail leg by the side i have to lean my body away from the trail leg. Is this regular and will it improve with time? I am not sure whether it means my legs are bowed or off straight. Thanks everyone.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Help with Narrow Hurdler trailing/side leg.
Started by Trevor Catterall, May 24, 2017 · 2 Replies · 114 Views
Hey Trevor,
The best way to scale this is to use the tip from your course library and sit on a block, so instead of having your foot elevated on a block, sit on a block and have your foot on the floor. This is shown in the technique tip and scaling video from your course library. If you still have questions about the position, please send in a video.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have now started to use blocks as suggested on the tip videos. Has already helped me maintain correct lumbar positions making the stretch more comfortable challenging.