This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Manna problems (beginner)

Started by Nathaniel McAdoo, May 23, 2017 · 6 Replies · 175 Views

Nathaniel McAdoo

Hello forum, I am relatively new to this type of training and am having issues with MN: specifically hip problems. I have heard this is a common issue, but when I lower from the tuck up, my hip (mostly left, sometimes right, never both) with clunk. It's not painful, but it is disconcerting. My question is what should I do? I can perform pe3 without clunking (straight legs seems to work better) but I do not want to skip steps. Should I push through? Just do the mobility and wait for adaptation?

Nathaniel McAdoo

Also, would doing Middle splits and Front splits accelerate this hip adaptation?

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Nathanial, 

If it is not painful, you should be just fine to train through it. I had something similar when I began MN progressions due to years of endurance running. It went away, thanks to the progressions. Still consult with a physio if you can, just to be sure. 

The stretch course will, without a doubt, accelerate your progress and adaptations. Foundations and Stretch are the two best things you can be doing right now to improve your mobility and address specific imbalances. 

Nathaniel McAdoo

If you dont mind me asking, long did it take to go away? @Everett Carroll

Everett Carroll

It was gradual, but less than a year.

Nathaniel McAdoo

And that was just going through the progressions layed out in foundations?

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Nathaniel,

Yes, consistency with Foundations and, when Stretch was released, those courses as well.