This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Standing Pike form check and question

Started by Adrian Theopold, May 23, 2017 · 1 Replies · 106 Views

Adrian Theopold

Hi guys,

so first of all thanks for the great programme! Due to the courses I made solid improvements in basically all areas over the past months.

Since about one month I now try to start all stretches that include the hamstrings with a definite APT (as you can see in the video) like wesley suggests in his videos.

Unfortunately since I started stretching like that I experience some pain in the lumbar spine over the next days after a course. I doesn't feel like soreness or muscular pain, but seems directly located in the spine.

Now I ask myself if my technique is faulty and for example I shouldn't bend the spine forward at all until my hamstrings are more mobile.

I attach two version of my pike one from the beginning of the front split course and the second one from the end. I can't see too many differences though I think the last one is ( naturally ) a little bit lower.

 

 

Thank you for your input!

Everett Carroll

Hey Adrian,

I do recommend visiting a physio about your lower back pain. Before you stretch again, be sure your back is not painful at all. 

As for the position, I suggest going to slightly below 90-degrees at the hip (your APT is awesome up to that point). Hang out there and avoid folding forward anymore. This will keep your pelvis in a good position and keep your back safe.