This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE 5 + IM Form check

Started by Francisco Garcia, May 22, 2017 · 5 Replies · 116 Views

Francisco Garcia

Hi, I was hoping you could let me know if I'm ready for Foundation 2 for the single leg squats.  I know my knees should probably be tucked closer to my chest on the way up, but I feel like my strength and ROM are probably good enough to progress.  Or would you recommend I stick with F1 until I get this perfect?

Thanks!

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Francisco,

I recommend spending some more time on this progression before moving on. On your PE, try to get your hips higher (shoot for directly over your head) as you roll back. As you stand up there is a small pause after your roll before you stand. Keep working on smoothing it out. Also, work on keeping your knees together as you stand up.

On your iM you are doing a nice job. Work on sitting up taller as you do your side to side squats.

Can you also post a video of your elevated deck squat?

Francisco Garcia

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for the response.  I tried it again and noticed that I can't really keep my knees together very well, but better than the demo videos.  Here's a sample rep:

Here's an elevated deck squat video sample rep. 

 

 

 

Francisco Garcia

I've been trying to smooth this one out.  Can I get a form check.  Good enough for mastery?

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Francisco Garcia,

This is good enough for me. Nice control. 

Francisco Garcia
11 hours ago, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi @Francisco Garcia,

This is good enough for me. Nice control. 

Thanks Leo!  I'm excited to start Foundation 2 for SLS!!