This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Programming H1 with Foundations 1

Started by Ryan Segervall, May 22, 2017 · 2 Replies · 115 Views

Ryan Segervall

Hello, 

i am just beginning my H1 journey and was wondering what is recommended for integrating H1 into the foundation courses.

Currently I am on a AB split MWF for my foundation work.

 

Mon: upper body + FL PE

Tue: Front Split

Wed: Lower Body + SL PE + MN PE

Thur: REst

Fri: Upper Body + FL PE

Sat: Rest

Sun: Middle Split

 

I was thinking of incorporating H1 wirst warm up and wrist prep on MWF and then doing full H1routine on Thur or Sat or both. Thoughts? I know Handstands are more skill work so they require a lot of volume to get good at (or so I think) but dont want to get to carried away with volume and impair recovery. 

 

 

Thanks, 

 

Ryan 

Everett Carroll

Hi Ryan, 

I suggest keeping at least one rest day in per week. Handstand workouts pair nicely with the TB Stretch Series and the Lower Body workout. Consider adding it in two times per week on the days you already train those workouts.

Keep the wrist prep paired with the Handstand workouts, both to ensure you don't overwork your wrists and to keep things simple. 

Ryan Segervall
2 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hi Ryan, 

I suggest keeping at least one rest day in per week. Handstand workouts pair nicely with the TB Stretch Series and the Lower Body workout. Consider adding it in two times per week on the days you already train those workouts.

Keep the wrist prep paired with the Handstand workouts, both to ensure you don't overwork your wrists and to keep things simple. 

Thanks for getting back, 

 

I am currently not doing any bridge work as a lot of those exercises are just a little above my elbows capacity and in the past have caused flair ups. being patient and waiting to get a little more strength under my belt before I begin the bridge work. 

 

I will try adding it in on my lower body + Mn + SL days as well as my middle split day. A little longer sessions but allows two days a week completely dedicated to relaxing/recovery.