This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

circulation, exhuasting through changing body orientation

Started by Michael Vetter, May 22, 2017 · 2 Replies · 76 Views

Michael Vetter

I used to play Capoeira. Often when being in the Roda for just a couple of minutes it felt like it is so exhausting like if you run for an hour (I guess so. Can't say for real because i never run ;-) ).

I wondered why its like that, and I thought part of the reason is the regular change between being upside down and normal. Having the head poiting to the floor, and up again. Something about circulation.

However all of those ideas where very vague.

 

Now doing bridge walks on the wall I feel something similar. And also the people in the video seem to breath heavily.

 

So maybe it has something to do with the upside down for real.

 

I wondered if you guys have any infos on this.

 

Thanks,

Michael

Tanya Hill

Hi Michael, 

Great question!

I'd say many things can make you feel shortness in the breath when doing bridge work. Could simply be deconditioning of cardio or it could go deeper than that. Maybe the ribs are tight and when you stretch back it does not allow for you to take a full range breath. 

Would love to see a video of where you are currently with your wall walks. 

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi Michael,

I would like to add to what Tanya said. Shortness of breath during the exercise means that your body is not used to the movement. Mobility and mastery takes time that is why some of the exercises and/or mobility drills will take days, months or even years to get used to. I understand how you feel and I feel the same way during certain days on other elements in the other GB Courses. We hope to see your video and progress. :)