This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Finished Fundamentals, now what?

Started by Mike Brennison, May 21, 2017 · 3 Replies · 152 Views

Mike Brennison

So I've finished day 24 of Fundamentals and I'm lost as to what to do next.  I've seen several times in the forums that the movements in fundamentals are to be used as diagnostic tools.  Along the way I've noted which ones went easy and which ones I had limited ROM.  I'd go through movements (new and old) for about 10 minutes each day, some improvements, not great; I understand that will take time.  But I'm really not sure what's the best way forward knowing that I have these deficits.

I bought Foundation 1 bundled with Fundamentals.  Go straight into that?

Do not start Foundation 1 until everything in Fundamentals is a piece of cake with good ROM?

Something in between?

I also noticed something with a daily workout schedule.  Not entirely sure how to combine this with whatever's recommended above.

 

All help is much appreciated!!!

Mike

Pauline Taube

Hi Mike,

Thank you for reaching out and great question.

I would recommend to start with Foundation One while you still continue to do the daily limbering routine from the Fundamentals. Spend some extra time on the movements you are having trouble with. 

If mobility is your main restriction I would highly recommend to begin the Stretch series. These will definitely help you correct tightness and imbalances over time. Coach Sommer recommend to do the Stretch courses along with Foundation One. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions :) 

Mike Brennison

Much appreciated!  Thanks!

Leo Trinidad

Hi Mike,

I would like to add that you can do Stretch Series along with Foundation One and Handstand One. :) I mentioned Handstand One because of all the benefits that you will get from the Wrist Stretches and Wrist Strengthening Exercises.