This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stall bar inverted work

Started by Jon Douglas, May 20, 2017 · 7 Replies · 187 Views

Jon Douglas

Hi all,

I don't have a question, I've just been crazy busy this year and thought I'd take the opportunity to check in.

Just sharing the love on two of my favourite mobility drills. Coach showed me these in Arizona in 2012, well before H2 course came out, and it blew my mind way open (Many things did on that memorable long weekend).

How is everyone finding these? Any particular anecdotes or successs stories? Share your videos of blowing the minds of fellow gymgoers by doing these in a 'normal' gym :D

 

 

 

Tanya Hill

Nice gains, Jon. You are so close to horizontal. ;) 

I personally love these drills. Weighted mobility wins in my world. 

Suzanna McGee

Not a video, but here is my little progress… (I have my feet on the floor, because my stallbars are not wide enough. But today, I actually reached the floor with my back, so I will need to figure out how to get myself higher up for the future)

 

Stallbars stretch progress January MayJPG.JPG

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Suzanna McGee said:

Not a video, but here is my little progress… (I have my feet on the floor, because my stallbars are not wide enough. But today, I actually reached the floor with my back, so I will need to figure out how to get myself higher up for the future)

 

Stallbars stretch progress January MayJPG.JPG

Nice work here BUT try to not over flex the last part of the feet, you will introduce calf mobility that it is not the primary goal of the exercise.

Suzanna McGee
8 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Nice work here BUT try to not over flex the last part of the feet, you will introduce calf mobility that it is not the primary goal of the exercise.

@Alessandro Mainente thank you, I was not even thinking about my feet, as I was not feeling any discomfort there, or my calves (I guess the Front Split series prepared me well :) ).  I will for sure pay attention to this as I will try to get deeper into the stretch. I will have to figure out a different solution around my stall bars. 

Romulo Malta

@Suzanna McGee How wide are your stall bars?

 

Suzanna McGee
5 hours ago, Romulo Malta said:

@Suzanna McGee How wide are your stall bars?

 

Regular 36 inches. But I am 6 feet tall, so that's why I put my feet on the outside of the stall bars… 

Kai Ewert

Fantastic exercises, and a real strength test for your stall bars as I've found out ;)