Hi I just started this element today, what do I need to work on in regards to my form?
PEhttps://youtu.be/0rXcYB1GoBE
imhttps://youtu.be/AreEnpPwadM
Thanks
Johan
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Johan Tideland, May 19, 2017 · 11 Replies · 150 Views
Hi I just started this element today, what do I need to work on in regards to my form?
PEhttps://youtu.be/0rXcYB1GoBE
imhttps://youtu.be/AreEnpPwadM
Thanks
Johan
Hi Johan,
You're off to a fairly good start. You can see in your video that you are picking up some bumping as you do your rocks. This is caused by a flat lower back. Work on lifting the shoulders higher in your hollow position. Doing so will help you to press your lower back into the ground. Also work on opening your hips to 45 degrees. Currently, they are too piked.
On your iM you are doing a nice job of opening the shoulders. Remember to keep PPT as you hold the table position.
Hi @Jeffrey Bittner, thanks for the feedback.
Here are 2 videos from today's session. Am I still too piked? if I am how do a go about it because it seems to me that if I open up my hips more my feet will bump in to the ground. Also, am I still too bumpy in my rocks?
How do I go about solving these issues? should I stay on step 1 until it improves? or should I do something else?
PEhttps://youtu.be/6zl_FMLZ0gk
imhttps://youtu.be/nbjXWMIL-nE
Thanks
Johan
Hi Johan,
Nice improvement. On your PE you did a nice job of hitting proper form at the beginning of your set. As you get tired you can see that your hips start to close and you start to pick up some bumping as you rock. I would recommend going back a few Steps so that you can focus more on form without having to worry about volume. Once your form is dialed in, increasing volume will be much easier.
Your iM also looks better. At first you were slightly too arched, however, at about 24 seconds in you adjust to PPT. Work on hitting that form throughout your set. Keep working hard, you're doing a great job!
Hi again
How is the PE now? still too bumpy?
Here is the im too.
Thanks
Hi Johan,
Each submission looks better than the last. You are doing an awesome job. On your PE you are doing a better job of opening the hips. Work on lifting the shoulders even higher in your hollow position.
Your iM looks good. Great job!
Thanks Jeffrey, I will keep working on it
Hi
Is this form good enough to start moving past step1 (3x 12r)? or should I keep at this for a while longer?
Thanks
Johan
Hello Johan, like Jeffrey said, what a great improvement from submission to submission. Make sure where you start and finish counting your first and last rep so you absolutely get in 12 reps. I would give you the go ahead after your last video to move up a step but would still like you to concentrate on compressing even more! Great job and diligent and consistent work so far.
Thanks for the feedback Luke, I will focus on getting my shoulders even higher.
Hi
How is my form looking? this is the last set of 4x24s that I am working on atm.
PE
im
Thanks
Johan
Hi @Johan Tideland,
Very nice improvement. Just a note, do not look at the camera when doing the video because your neck is twisting and your alignment will be off. Keep working on this and build on reps. Make sure to make every rep consistent. Good job on the mobility. ![]()